Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

split address

berty
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I'm looking to split out an address into different column but no sure how to apply:

berty_0-1656601141390.png

In column A i have a basic address that i need to split out,  if the 1st 3 characters contain a number then i need to extract the house number to the house number column and the remaining string to be split to street column.  In addition,  if the start of the string is text then it split to House Name Column.

I've tried various methods but not successful (i don't have access to use address parse)

4 REPLIES 4
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @berty,

You could use the regex tool:

IraWatt_0-1656602003164.png

Any questions or issues please ask :)
HTH!
Ira

berty
8 - Asteroid

Thanks! - i did try something similar but i must admit i struggled with the expressions - is there somewhere i can look for expressions and how to use them?

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@berty Just a word of warning Regex is usually a bit of trial and error its hard to cover every possible string combination. For instance can a house name start with 1 number? 

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I really like regex101: build, test, and debug regex for testing expressions theres a nice section in the bottom right which is great to reference everything you can do. There is some good regex links on this thread to: Understanding Regex the Alteryx Way - Alteryx Community

Labels