Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

searching workflows by output files

egmp777
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am having difficulty tracking which workflow produces output for other workflow. I need this in order to expedite debugging of a project that has about 20 workflows. I spend too much time trying to track which workflow  produced output x which is used as input by workflow a.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
clant
8 - Asteroid

Hi @egmp777 

If you press ctrl+f you get the find menu. In this you can type a file path and it will give you the input/output tools which contain these. Hope this helps

cheers

chris

egmp777
5 - Atom

Hi Clant, Thanks for the tip. But what I am really looking for is for the workflow that produces and input data tool used by another workflow. So, if workflow B uses  data input D1, I need to find which workflow produced data input D1.

I hope this makes sense, and that there is some solution...

Best

egmp777
5 - Atom

Awesome! Thanks. I

Best

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Here's how I search all of our workflows, which are stored under a single folder:

Use Notepad++

First use Windows Explorer to find only file types YXMD, YXMC, and YXWZ    (workflow, macro, app)

Select all of the files in Windows Explorer, right-click, and choose Edit with Notepad++

The use the Notepad++ find function with the button "Find All in All Opened Documents".  It might take a while, but it works.

Chris

Labels