Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

running an iteration on the source input files

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

I've a use case where I'm looking for the data files(Input) that are landed on the shared drive with today's time stamp. Often case there maybe more than 1 file. 1 file should generate one output file. How can I solve for this? The input file/s is fed into the dynamic input and then goes through the logic that  have. Thanks in Advance!

Idyllic_Data_Geek_0-1680032127965.png

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora
Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

It does not...!

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

You need a few Formula tools and functions to get the date from the file name, in a field with Data Type = Date.

See attached workflow.

Here's a list of all functions: https://help.alteryx.com/current/designer/functions

ChrisTX_0-1680087270801.png

Chris

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

@ChrisTX Chris - thanks for taking the time to reply back to me. maybe I was not clear in my problem statement. I already have a formula tool in my workflow to identify the latest files. the problem is reading them all and spitting multiple output data sets(per file). How can that be accomplished in the solution that you shared? Once the files are idenfitied , they all need to be processed ..

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

If all of your output files have the same layout, you can use one Output tool and select the checkbox for "Take File/Table Name from Field"

ChrisTX_1-1680095479446.png

Chris

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

Are you able to read all the data from different files using this configuration? It's not working for me, sorry!

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

You'll have to provide more details.  Post a sample workflow.

"It's not working" doesn't help me help you.

Idyllic_Data_Geek
8 - Asteroid

please stop spamming this post. I have stated my requirement multiple times and you keep shoving down the same solution. lol

Labels