Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

remove output columns from email tool

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

hi all:

I've included a file path using formula tool to pick the latest file as an attachment by date and email to a group of people.

everything is working fine except the file path is appearing in the mail body. how can i eliminate this field? can anyone help pls?

mail body - i don't want to see File_Name

tanvir_khan_1-1616635723995.png

tanvir_khan_0-1616635481370.png

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @tanvir_khan ,

I attached a copy options that hopefully you can help you out. If I'm understanding your question correctly, you ultimately need to remove the File_Name column from you Table tool. Using the group by options in the reporting tools, you can pass the filename column through the reporting tools without adding them to your table. The second option removes this column before the table tool and adds it back before your email tool. Hopefully this helps!

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

hi @phottovy spot on man!

just needed to uncheck those two in the table tool. thanks a ton!

tanvir_khan_0-1616646641594.png

phottovy
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

It took me a long time to kind of figure out the reporting tools so I'm glad I was able to help!

tanvir_khan
8 - Asteroid

Yeah man, the person who resolves a problem first goes thru the ultimate sufferings.

instead of playing with notorious table tool, I was focusing on innocent email tool. 🙂

Labels