The Community SSO is undergoing updates. Users signing in may experience issues. We appreciate your patience as we complete these updates.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

remove column in Table B based on Table A's column

Carrot_WinWin
7 - Meteor

Hi Team,

I have one question may need your help. I have a Table A with column A,B,C. and a Table B with column D,C,F. Is there a way I can automatically drop Table B's column which is existed in Table A? like in this case, should drop column C. 

I tried to use the join and then select "right" output, but it seems the join output will keep the join key inside which still keeps the C column.

How can I exclude those columns existing in Table A from Table B? Thank you so much. 

4 REPLIES 4
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

hi @Carrot_WinWin i have attached the solution hope it helps

Screenshot 2024-04-22 115317.png

Carrot_WinWin
7 - Meteor

Hi, Thank you for your kind suggestion. Sorry I didn't make myself clear. My condition is the incoming table is dynamic, so the column name is changing everytime. is there a way i don't need to manually pick column everytime? that it can compare two tables and automatically select the excluding columns. 

aatalai
14 - Magnetar

@Carrot_WinWin this should help, similar logic to @Manoj_k but with a dynamic select

let me know how you get on

Aryasuta_Panda
7 - Meteor

Hi Carrot_Winwin,

I would like to suggest you to try Dynamic input tool for both your input where you can create the input query as per your need. I guess this could be achieved using simple input tool as well.

Thanks

Labels