Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

"Greater/Lesser Than" <> Formula to return value

PamG
7 - Meteor

Hello,

New to Alteryx. I need to translate a large excel sheet with formula.

In the spreadsheet the user has used greater/lesser than formula to check against several columns and return a specific value in my case my chosen word is "All-Birds".

A simple example below of what the user has done and I am unsure how to put into a formula.

PamG_0-1668426929270.png

In the PlaceAnswerBelow column, they used <> to check if there is a value in each of the Animal columns.

The Animal1,2,3,4,5 columns may or may not contain content.

So, is the use of <> equation the best way forward or is there a better way of getting the result.

Huge thanks in advanced.

5 REPLIES 5
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @PamG,

If you want to check if a column contains anything you can use the isEmpty() function in Alteryx for instance isEmpty([Animal2]) would return true.

If you want to check something is not equal to something you can use the != syntax eg. [Animal2] != "All-Birds"

PamG
7 - Meteor

HIya @IraWatt, Thanks for this but am still confused and don't know how to put this into a formula.  Would you be able to provide a yxmd file, please

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@PamG I have attached a filter and formula example. Could you give a table example of what you want to happen?

IraWatt_0-1668430548467.png

The community has some quick and easy videos on formulas and the Formula Tool here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Writing%20...

PamG
7 - Meteor

@IraWatt thanks so much for your help in providing us with flow and formula - it worked!

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

No worries @PamG glad it helped 😄 have a good one !

Labels