Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

"Getting Started" Practice Exercise 3

ClaudiaA
7 - Meteor

Not sure where to post this. Please let me know if this is not the right place.

I am working on "Getting Started" Learning Path. 

I am working on Practice Exercise 3. 

The workflow shows a solution with 10 rows. 

However, there many more unique values for the "Order Id" field. 

Also the instruction asks that two data sets be combined. However, I don't see what the purpose of that is. The second data set has every thing needed to answer the questions about "Days to Ship", "Total", and "Total Saved"

4 REPLIES 4
treepruner
9 - Comet

It is really, really useful to post the workflow.

It has been a few months since I did the practice exercises, so you'll also have to do a screenshot of the solution if it isn't included in the workflow, too.

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Hi @ClaudiaA. Yes, for more visibility, the best place to post questions related to Designer is the Discussions board. I am moving your post there so you can get help faster. 😉

Flávia Brancato
ClaudiaA
7 - Meteor

Thanks for letting me know where to post and for your response. ...I figured out that the join was needed to reduce the number of rows....

FláviaB
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Of course! That is awesome @ClaudiaA. I am happy that you are exploring the tools and figuring out how to solve with Alteryx. In fact, I encourage you to also take a look in our Tool Mastery Index where you can dig into some of the most popular tools, like the Join. 😉

Flávia Brancato
Labels