Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

pick up latest file based on date and name in file name

srk0609
8 - Asteroid

I want to pick up latest file from folder. I've 6 files in folder few starting with aaaaaa and few with aaabbb. How can I pick up file starting with aaabbb and most recent file from folder. In case there is a new file with name aaabb_2022_11_15 and aaabbb_2022_11_15 in the folder then I want to pick up aaabbb_2022_11_15 also the user should be able to select any specific file using analytic app example user should be able to pick aaabbb_2022_11_12 even if its not.

Note - default mechanism is to pick most recent file with name aaabbb and also have ability to take specific date from user when run as analytic app

how to pick specific sheet from multiple sheets in excel file.

srk0609_0-1668407620280.png

I also attached excel files here. i want to get data in sheet A. Can someone help? Thank you

1 REPLY 1
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@srk0609 the below post might be helpful for your use case

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/The-Ultimate-Input-Data-Flowchart/t...

to get the latest file to add a sort tool and sort based on the file created field, then with the help of a sample tool pick the first file

Labels