Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

output excel report by hiding columns

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

does Alteryx has simple ways to output excel report by hiding columns, like I want hide column C, column E, column F, but not using Mi

10 REPLIES 10
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lilyyangadsk,

You can simply deselect the columns you do not want in the output file.Here is the screenshot, I hope it helps and if this is what you are looking for please mark this post as a solution.

solution1.jpg

Sapna Gupta
deviseetharaman
11 - Bolide

Hi @lilyyangadsk ,

If you are planning to use the reporting tools, then you can select the required columns in Table, Please refer to the screenshots. PreviousMonth.pngPreviousMonth1.png

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

But I want to keep those hiding columns in the output excel report, future for unhide read use, but when I generate the excel output I want hide the columns. I think deselect columns means those columns will not appear in the output report.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @lilyyangadsk ,

Give it a try if it works for you?

1) Create a basic Excel file with all Column headers and no data. Hide all the sheets you want.

2) Configure the Output tool to APPEND all the data based on column names (or a custom mapping).

Sharing a sample template and workflow I have created.

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

I tried to select column A,B,C for hiding and generate output shows column D, E, but I will want to see column A,B,C if I unhide the column from generated report, the workflow seems not work.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

You might have accidently deleted one of the columns that is why it throws an error. Also I could not think of any other way rather an appending the data to the existing sheet as that is only the way I found for the desired output to be working.

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

I tried to select output options with Append To Existing Sheet, and Append Field Map by custom Column A with destination [None], but column A still shows up.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

I believe what is happening in this case is if you choose custom mapping and change column A to none it will act  normally as select/deselect tool. Also you are appending the data to an existing sheet so the column A will be displayed everytime no matter if the data is not inserted in the column A.

Sapna Gupta
lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

thank you for quick reply. so what is solution if I want to hide a whole column rather than delete a whole column?

Labels