Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

mapping exercise

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I am very new to Alterxy and just testing if it makes sense to use Alterxy for now. 

Would anyone please direct me how to learn quickly import of trial balances ---> simple mapping ---> produce a standard P&L, B/S format in excel? 

Attached / below is what I am trying to achieve using Alteryx. Thank you. 

Henricus_0-1682712011345.png

3 REPLIES 3
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @Henricus

Welcome to Alteryx!

Here is one way to do it. First you would bring in your data and then you would map your categories using a mapping table.

Using the join tool, you are able to bring your mapping categories into your initial data set and then perform your aggregations. 

gautiergodard_0-1682713684661.png

Hope this helps!

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your prompt response. I am good in excel but too new to Alterxy. I don't even know how to import data. I just need to be able to navigate and import trial balances (these are in a different format), update mapping file and generate a standard P&L, and balance sheet for a lot of trial balances. . Do you have any recommended training course? I am just testing if we should be using Alterxy for now. 

gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Henricus, dont worry we all go through it! The good thing is that you have the community and many free resources to help.

I would recommend starting with this learning path to know the basics: Getting Started Learning Path - Alteryx Community

For some more tailored and potentially relevant excel courses, have a look through the interactive videos as well: Interactive Lessons - Alteryx Community

Labels