Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

looking for help to get original data after using summerize tools

AvinashBhawsar
7 - Meteor

Hi,

i hope everyone is doing well and safe. i am working on a report where i was able to get the data from using filter tool. However, after using two summarize tools i am not getting the original data along with the summarized data in a separate column. i have used both summarize tools to get total count of a BA column.

i have attached screen shots of the workflow for reference. Please correct me if the workflow is wrong.

Thanks you so much for the help and taking out some time from your busy schedule.

Regards,

Avinash BhawsarWF Screen shot 1.JPGWF Screen shot 2.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@AvinashBhawsar,

Could you share a sample data with what you expect to have it will help us to give you the solution.

Regards,

Mokhtar.

AvinashBhawsar
7 - Meteor

@messi007 

I had to change the complete file and delete all data except two columns due to security reasons.

Overview :- in this workflow i need certain data by applying filter to those two columns Branch(F53) and Date(F54).

step :1 remove the first 14 rows which has unnecessary data.

step :2 remove the 1st column(A) which is blank.

step: 3 Apply filter in date column (F54) and remove all blanks as i only need dates and also need the total count of Date column(F54) in a separate column.

Step :4 next apply filter to Branch Column(F53) and remove all the numbers as i only need blanks then need the total count of date column(F54) in a separate column.

step: 5 i want to add an email tool to send the report to specific recipient in excel format and it should ask to check the report before sending out. i am not sure how it will happen.

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @AvinashBhawsar 

Instead of using a union tool, use a Join tool with the appropriate keys.  These will usually be the values that you grouped on in your summarize tools.   A Union tool appends rows, whereas a Join tool appends columns. 

Dan 

Labels