Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

iterative macro

Leyla_Cetinel
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everyone,

I could use some assistance with an issue I'm currently facing. Currently, we use multiple containers to send emails to specific individuals when they have overdue tasks. However, I would like to streamline this process by using a macro instead of having so many containers. The challenge I'm encountering is that each container contains customized tools (the filter tool, formula tool and the email tool) for individual recipients (as indicated by the red square).

I would greatly appreciate any guidance on how to approach this. Thank you in advance for your help! :)

2023-08-02 11_30_37-Alteryx Designer x64 - Copy of Email Managers -.yxmd_.png

4 REPLIES 4
FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Leyla_Cetinel , it looks like you're looking for a batch macro rather than an iterative macro. A batch macro can repeat the same process many times for different groups of records. Here I've made one that repeats the same process for each distinct name in your workflow, which will allow you to personalise each table and email automatically:

Screenshot 2023-08-02 111421.png

Another option is to play around with the batching options in the reporting tools, which might be able to get you a similar result.

Leyla_Cetinel
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for clarifying and the quick reply! 

Would it be possible to share what is inside of the batch macro. I was not able to use the workflow because I have an older version of alteryx. Thank you in advance :)

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@Leyla_Cetinel you should still be able to access the workflow, just click 'OK' on the error message 

Leyla_Cetinel
6 - Meteoroid

I have ave tried the suggestion but unfortunately it does not open. Is there any way you could send the screenshot. Thank you in advance!

Labels