Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

how to create rating table

rag329
8 - Asteroid

Hi team,  I want to create a new column called "Rating" based on rating from 1 to 5.

Customer Id     total no of ratings  five star ratings       four star ratings     three star ratings    two star ratings    one star ratings

4356                       21                           4                           7                             4                                6                            0

8234                       19                           9                           3                             3                                3                            1

9845                       34                           15                         6                             5                                5                            3

the data looks like this. I want to create a new column with rating.... please help. thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
geraldo
13 - Pulsar

@rag329 

an idea to start
follow an example workflow

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@rag329 Following is the solution you can try at your end.

Rating = ([five star ratings]*5+[four star ratings]*4+[three star ratings]*3+[two star ratings]*2+[one star ratings]*1)/[total no of ratings]

Sapna Gupta
rag329
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot team @grazitti_sapna @geraldo  I will check and get back here

Labels