Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

how to change the default license system?

Matthew
11 - Bolide

whenever i launch alteryx, it prompts me to connect to a license server.. my company doesnt use that method of authentication (i dont think they do anyway)

so every time i  launch alteryx, i need to click "change license system", then dismiss a prompt warning me that i'll lose access to active licenses, and then use the active license that i keyed in after installing alteryx..

it's not a problem, but it's annoying... how can i make alteryx stop asking me to connect to a license server?

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Matthew ,

I don't know why it's asking you to licence it every time, but I would suggest raising a ticket with Alteryx:

support@alteryx.com so they can have a look into why this is being re-set every time.

One question, are you using a platform such as Citrix to access Alteryx?

M.

Bulien

Matthew
11 - Bolide

thankfully no i'm not accessing alterx remotely, alteryx is installed locally

i dont know what changed that's making alteryx prompt me every time, but yeah, i'll file a ticket, thanks for the suggestion

Sakshi_M
7 - Meteor

I am also facing the same problem. @Matthew Did you chase the Alteryx support. Any fix for this?

Labels