Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

help !!

Navya08
8 - Asteroid

I need assistance :

I have three sheets:

Workday sheet -with all basic employees info

Payment sheet- to show payments (salary payments - current i.e new financial year)

Revised Salary Sheet 

I want to achieve these points as i am unable to have form a group by employee number and fufill first point.

(also **all workday employees is present in payment sheet and vice versa)

A)  From workday sheet i have to calculate monthly payments per employee as it has annual pay and compare it against payment sheet (whether correct amount is paid or not month wise)

if there is a change consider sheet Revised salary sheet having old and new both annual salary and then check if there is exception)

< monthly payment is diff for each country i.e India= annual pay/12  , australia: annual/12 , usa: annual pay/14 )

B)  bonus amount is paid just once.

c) joining date matches in workday sheet and payment sheet. 

Thank you in advance to everyone who will contribute to help me in this.

8 REPLIES 8
Navya08
8 - Asteroid

@aatalai  please see this thread.

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Navya08 does this help

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

@Navya08 if this is the solution can you please mark it as so?

Navya08
8 - Asteroid

Thankyou so much, one thing just if i want to check *all workday employees is present in payment sheet and vice versa should i just join by emp number ? will that be suffice to see that all employees are present in each sheet. and for C part how can i see the exceptions if there is discrepancy in start date ? as i can join the two sheets with Emp number but then how to but the formula ? do i need to rename one of the field and then in formula tool put  [Start date1]=[start date 2]?

aatalai
13 - Pulsar

yes and then look a the  join output anchors and make sure there is in no record, you can use the test tool to check. and for the start date, add them back in at the join and yes

Navya08
8 - Asteroid

Can show the last part after test tool step ? Please

Navya08
8 - Asteroid

Done thank you

Navya08
8 - Asteroid

Can you show the last part after the test tool? Please

and thank you so much

Labels