Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

filtering date for the same month (current) in every year

AttilaBalint
6 - Meteoroid

Hello All,

I have a report that contains all the employees and when they started work.

Every month, I have to create a report where I filter the start date to the current month, so March in this case, but for every year.

This is quite easy to do in excel but couldn't do it in Alteryx yet though I kinda have an idea about it.

AttilaBalint_0-1679320370907.png

I was thinking about using the filtering tool and there the contain option, within that I would somehow elicit the number version of the current month and that would be what the tool searches for. But this might be feasible.

Anybody any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @AttilaBalint, you should just be able to use a filter with a condition like so:

DateTimeMonth([Date]) = DateTimeMonth(DateTimeToday())

You'll just need to replace [Date] with your field name of course. If your incoming dates are in different formats/are stored as strings then you'll need to convert them to ISO format using DateTimeParse() or the DateTime tool.

Here's a quick example where I've generated every day since January 1st, 2020 and then filtered for only days containing the current month (March):

DataNath_0-1679320722313.png

FrederikE
13 - Pulsar

Hey @AttilaBalint,

You could filter to this: 

DateTimeMonth([Date]) > DateTimeMonth(DateTimeToday())

Labels