Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

filter and transpose into multiple separate files

TiffanyH12
7 - Meteor

I have a data set where I first filter by a column "Region". Then each region needs to be crosstab to get the data the way I want it and then exported to an excel file. I need a file for each region (10+ files at the end). 

What I have:

Account #Account NameCoCodeValueRegion
1000xxx1-france$$France
1200xxx1-France$$France
1300xxx2-France$$France
1400xxx6-France

$$

France
1200xxx3-Germany

$$

Germany
1300xxx3-Germany$$Germany

What I want:

I want my output file to look like this but have the workflow produce separate output files for all the different regions. Is there a way to build this in the workflow to complete this process without having to build duplicates of the process in the workflow over and over for all the regions I have?

Account #Account Name1-France2-France6-France
1000xxx$$$
1200xxx$$$
1300xxx$$$
1400xxx$$$

3 REPLIES 3
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

This is possible with a batch macro. I've done the transpose with a cross-tab inside of the macro.

For the actual workflow, I've created a unique list of the regions, since that is what I want my batches to iterate by. You can see that the macro runs twice, once for each region.

echuong1_0-1613602977556.png

echuong1_1-1613603009857.png

TiffanyH12
7 - Meteor

Thanks for the response! Are you able to share the marco and workflow in separate files? I can't open the package for some reason. 

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

See attached! You'll need to reconfigure the macro after adding it back.

echuong1_0-1613607623198.png

Labels