Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

dynamic drop down

ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

Hi 

I am trying to set up a drop down tool so that when the end user uses the app they have the choice of picking one of the five filenames [filename column]. I have experimented with an interactive drop down tool but the issue is how do i link it back to the input file to progress the workflow.

ManuelRodrigues_0-1649324740089.png

Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @ManuelRodrigues 

I believe the steps you will need to do from my original post again, is adding the browse tool, and making sure it is selected in the interface designer as the output. I believe currently, you have nothing selected to output to the user after an app is executed.

Hope this makes sense,
TheOC

Bulien
ManuelRodrigues
8 - Asteroid

@TheOC much appreciated mate! All working as it should :)

@danilang @JarekSkudrzyk @binuacs  thanks for your input too your help is much appreciated guys!

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hey @ManuelRodrigues 

No problem at all! Glad we got there!

If you need any following help, especially if you turn this into a chained app, give me a shout. 
I may also suggest marking the posts by @danilang  @JarekSkudrzyk  and @binuacs  as solution too. If I'm not mistaken you can mark multiple as solution 😀

Happy Alteryxing! 
TheOC

Bulien
Labels