Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

'dict' object has no attribute 'strip' while testing tableau output tool

ANsuAlex
5 - Atom

Error: Tableau Output (1): 'dict' object has no attribute 'strip'

The tableau connection was made with new data source and credentials .

On running the error occurred.

Please let me know if any more details are required . 

4 REPLIES 4
JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ANsuAlex - what version of AYX Designer and what version of the Tableau Output Tool are you running? Do you have a screenshot of your configuration? Have you opened a support case? https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Support/bd-p/SupportPage

ANsuAlex
5 - Atom

@JessieC 

Alteryx Designer x64 BETA
Version: 2022.3.50.316 Beta

This is the version I used, can you please guide how to find the version of the tableau output tool.

JessieC
Alteryx
Alteryx

@ANsuAlex - you can hover over the tool icon in the palette to see what version - 

JessieC_0-1667522493472.png

Since you're on a BETA version of AYX, I would submit your feedback directly to the Product team - https://pilotprogram.alteryx.com/ - They are also currently accepting feedback for Tableau 1.2 BETA.

KrunalLathiya
5 - Atom

The error message 'dict' object has no attribute 'strip' in the context of testing a Tableau output tool suggests that your code is attempting to use the strip method on a dictionary object. The strip method is typically used to remove whitespace from the beginning and end of a string, so it's not applicable to dictionary objects. This error can arise in various scenarios, particularly in data processing or transformation tasks. Here's how to address it:

1. Identify the Erroneous Code: Locate the part of your code where this error is occurring. The error message should give you a line number or some context. Look for a .strip() method call.

2. Check the Data Type: Ensure that the variable you are calling .strip() on is indeed a string. If it's supposed to be a string but is coming through as a dictionary, there may be an issue with how your data is being formatted or parsed earlier in your code.

Labels