Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

condition formatting

avuong6
8 - Asteroid

i have the following workflow:

avuong6_0-1675356089273.png

the output is:

avuong6_1-1675356112200.png

how to search output, identify items in 'dateto' column starting with '9999', change format of those rows to yellow?

any help is appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @avuong6, to format your outputs like this, you'll need to leverage the reporting tools rather than standard outputs. For conditional formatting, we can set this up using Row or Column rules depending on the scenario. Obviously for this, we want to create a row rule that highlights when DATETO starts with '9999' so we'll do that by going to 'Edit Row Rule' and creating one with the following condition:

DataNath_0-1675357039489.png

STARTSWITH(TOSTRING([DATETO]),'9999')

Now, when you're outputting from reporting tools, you need to Render the final output. Here I've just used a temporary Excel file as I'm not interested in properly saving it. In your case, I'd use this to play around with the formatting until you have something you're happy with. Once done, you can switch the 'Output Mode' to 'Choose a Specific Output File' and save it truly as an Excel. Based on the condition and the mock data I've entered from a section of your screenshot, we get the following output:

DataNath_1-1675357184602.png

Hope this helps - please do shout if you have any questions!

avuong6
8 - Asteroid

that worked perfectly - thank you.

one last thing, how to code not starting with 9999?

avuong6_0-1675367487945.png

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @avuong6, great to hear! To do ‘NOT’ in Alteryx just use ! So it’d be:

!STARTSWITH(TOSTRING([DATETO]),'9999')
Labels