Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

command and bat file run fine in cmd, but error in run command tool

G1
8 - Asteroid

Hi Everyone,

Please could someone help me with the Run Command tool? I need to delete all backup files in a folder. I would like to use the Run Command tool to do so (I know there are other ways, but right now i'm trying the Run Command tool).

The command i am using to do this is del 'W:\My Documents\[remainder of file location]\test_folder\*.bak'

I have tried running this command by itself in CMD and it works. I have tried saving this command in a .bat file and running that in CMD and it works.

When I try in Alteryx using the Run Command tool it runs but nothing happens (backup files are not deleted). Can anyone see what i'm doing wrong here?

Note: I saw that someone answering a similar question recommended putting the space between My and Documents into  " ". Tried that and didn't work either.

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
G1
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for replying @flying008. It wasn't working when i used the full network path either in Alteryx. But, the solution offered by SPetrie worked well. And I should also update everyone that it ran fine from the Gallery too so that's an added bonus :-)

Labels