Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

combining the results of different macros in one excel workbook with multiple worksheets

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Hello all, 

I have 3 different macros that do the following for my datset:

1. Give me a bar graph as per Benford's law.

2. Detects outliers. 

3. Separates round dollar amounts vs uneven amounts. 

I want to run all these macros together on my dataset and have the output in one single excel file with different worksheets. Would be great if anyone can assist in this. 

Thanks,

Madhur

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Madhur12 

1. Add a formula tool in the first macro - specify the path where the sheet is to be saved and also the sheet name as "Sheet1"

2. Add an output tool and configure the above path

when the first macro runs, will create the report in the Sheet1

repeat the above steps in the other macros with different sheet names

image.png

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Your current strategy isn't going to work. You can't render to the same files multiple times - you can render exactly once. You get around this by assigning values in your macro of sheet name and filename (I'd do it in your container prior to your current render tool). sheet name is important because it determines which macro your snippet is attached to. Filename should be consistent cross workflow - so you can do this in your outer workflow. You hook your action tool up to that formula. you then change your render tool to a macro output.

In your main workflow you drop all 3 macros. You union the outputs. You then use layout (with vertical section breaks - with sheet assigned to the section break) - and then render. once.

I'd work on a redesign for you - but you didn't include any sample data.

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @apathetichell ! 

Here's my sample dataset. All macros to be run on the amount column. 

Madhur12
8 - Asteroid

Here's how I tried to combine and it is not working for me: 

SS_combine.png

Labels