Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

changing text colour for letters in render tool

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have two requirements : 1 ) i'm using render tool in which for  header (RAG) should show text colour R as RED A as Yellow and G as green

2) in the column criteria where Green= G should have text colour as Green similary for other two for RED =R as red and A= Yellow as yellow as text colour

Expected output i have attached as excel

adarsh2608_0-1658932848145.png

10 REPLIES 10
Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @adarsh2608 ! 
This should work:

- In your Table tool, > click on the RAG column >click "Create row rule ..." 

- Then you can create a rule for each (R,A,G) which says When RAG == R then Text Colour Red (as in the example below)

If this works please remember to mark it as a solution

NickC_0-1658931880226.png

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Nick-C 

I want RAG text colour changed in the header ( if you check my excel , that is the output i'm expecting) . similarly for the column criteria

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @adarsh2608  - I don't think you'll be able to get the RAG column header but hopefully using the rules you can get the column criteria you require

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

@Nick-C ,

But for the column 'criteria ' also i'm not able to change text color , can you able to help me on this?

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @adarsh2608 

So for that you'll need to click on "Criteria" in the column list > Create Column Rule and then set your RAG condition from there - I've just tested and it's worked for me so hoping it will, sorry that I can't help with the column header! 

NickC_0-1658938005801.png

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Nick-C 

For criteria column data is different , If you check the sample screenshot i have attached i need the data as in the format 

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @adarsh2608 - Sorry I'm not sure I'm understanding the problem, I've attached a workflow that colours the text in the Criteria column based on whether the RAG column is R,A or G - is that what you're hoping for?

adarsh2608
8 - Asteroid

Hello @Nick-C ,

If you look at the column criteria  i has below data

"  Green = G Yellow =A  Red =R" . I want to text colour of Green =G in "Green" and Red = R in " Red" and Yellow= A in "yellow" . in one column with 3 colours

adarsh2608_0-1658939817292.png

Nick-C
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @adarsh2608 - I’m afraid I’m not sure how to do that - my only recommendation is that you could have each criteria in a different column and then colour code accordingly (E.g. column: Criteria 1 and the row says Red and is coloured red using the above solution) 

Labels