Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

% change on the table

rively90
8 - Asteroid

Hi! I wonder if we can create a % change on the table. I'd like to make a % change from current to past stocks that they hold. I wonder how I do that. The problem with my data is the transaction that occurs vary. Sometimes, it occurs every quarter while some every year. That's why I'd like to make a % change based on the previous transaction and not quarter. I appreciate any help, please. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rively90 
First of all, I think it is not practical to use 10+ input tools then join them. 😁
maybe we can try something like this.
I am still facing some minor issues, and will look into it further.

JSutantoBerkshireAlteryx-r1.PNG

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@rively90 

Hi, you can use sort + multi row-formula

JarekSkudrzyk_0-1647928112432.png

rively90
8 - Asteroid

Hi! thank you for trying! I'll accept the suggestion for my future reference.

rively90
8 - Asteroid

thank you so much!

JarekSkudrzyk
11 - Bolide

@rively90 

please consider marking one of our answers as solution - it will be appreciated!

thanks

rively90
8 - Asteroid

done. thanks!

rively90
8 - Asteroid

@JarekSkudrzyk  Hi Jarek! If I want to find % change in Sum_SHRS or PRNT AMT. Is the formula like this:

(([Sum_SHRS or PRN AMT]/[Row-1:Sum_SHRS or PRN AMT])-1)*100

The problem is I only have data starting from 2019 Q1

Some of % the columns do not make sense. They suppose to be 0%, but they have %, For example, in columns 7, Activision Blizzard is supposed to be 0%, not 383.2%. Any advice for this? I might be wrong for the formula.

Also, for the price change, if you look at the columns 148 Delta Airlines. It's supposed to be 0, not 54.6%.

EDIT: OH NVM. I forgot to click  the group by title of class and name of issuer. we are good! 

Labels