Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

blank output file after only opening (not running!!!) a workflow in version 2022.3

ToonHeuvel
5 - Atom

When using the "Render" tool (and I think in combination with the "Layout" tool) in a workflow,

only opening the workflow results in a blank .xlsx output file. If I explicitly run the flow, the output is right.

Now I have to set the files to "read only" after running a workflow to be sure that it won't be overwritten to empty.

Does anyone have an explanation or easy solution for this?

Or is it a bug in version 2022.3.1.395 (it seems not to occur for version 2022.1.1.40869)?

13 REPLIES 13
soemoe9
5 - Atom

Does anyone know if this is being fixed? I'm currently having to place render tools in containers and toggling the switch off soon as I've run the flow so that it doesn't get overwritten into a blank file at any point.

collin_pace
9 - Comet

@AlteryxCommunityTeam  - this is an issue.  Can someone from Alteryx chime in?

verde0903
8 - Asteroid

Has the Alteryx team replied on a solution.  It is time consuming have to change the rendering tool as we have several workflows with this issue.

alison
8 - Asteroid

I'm having this happen in 23.1. THIS IS TERRIBLE How has Alteryx not even responded to this thread?

Labels