Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Zero Rows error message and stopping R tool from running

Troy
8 - Asteroid

Problem 1:  Want to test and produce an error somewhere in my workflow has zero rows as a result...  It seems to me that nothing native to Alteryx runs if it has no rows (like append in workflow image below).  See workflow image below.

In this case I want to add an Error after the T output of the filter if there are no rows which there is in this case.

No Rows Workflow.png

Problem 2:  Same workflow image, but why does the R code run even though there is no input and how do I stop it from running if there are no input rows.

Side note why does running the above simple R code take 3s?

End result: is an error message and stopping the R code from running if it has no input rows.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Troy 

Use a Block Until Done, Count, Message tool combo for this

w.png

The config of the message tool looks like this 

m.png

You also have to set your workflow config to Cancel running workflow on error

c.png

Problem 1 and 2 get solved by this.  The R tool and indeed the rest of the workflow runs because nothing is stopping it from running.  Having no rows is not necessarily an error condition. 

It takes a few seconds to get the R environment loaded even for simple scripts.  

Dan

Troy
8 - Asteroid

Brilliant.  Thanks!

Labels