Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

You have found a bug - output from Join with no data into Macro (Macro issue)

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi,

I am getting the following error when running a workflow and I'm unable to resolve it or find a work-around. 

PuffinPanic_2-1667999847912.png

The workflow has 2 inputs

1 - List of products which have previously been reported

2 - New list of products report 

The workflow joins the product codes from the two reports and reports any which are on (2) which are not on (1).

The error appeared to occur only when there are no records going from the Left output anchor to the macro input anchor.

If I add in a select, for example, between the join and the macro, the error occurs between the select and the macro.

PuffinPanic_3-1668003343870.png

The macro uses a detour to send an email if the count is greater than zero.

I tried adding a dummy record which will always end up in the L output anchor, but excluding it from the count (so the count still goes through as zero). The error still occurs. 

I tried changing the value in the action tool in the macro and including the dummy record. I changed the zero in the Formula box to 1. The error still occurred.

PuffinPanic_4-1668005742425.png

Then I ran it with no records input (count=0) when the formula was 'Tonumber([#1])=1', and this ran without issue, but I get the bug when I ran it again with the input count value as 1. 

I changed it back to 0 and I get the bug when the input is 0 but not when it is greater than 0.

I have used this macro before without issue. Can anyone spot what I'm missing or make any suggestions on how to resolve this please?

Thanks

PuffinPanic

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Which Alteryx version are you using?  Under Workflow Configuration > Runtime, do you have the option selected for Use AMP Engine?

We had several problems with the AMP engine when testing version 2021.4.2.  So we're not using AMP until we get a later version. 

Chris

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

your bug is coming from the left anchor - when it has zero records this is creating an issue. Your batch macro with the count records tool is working. I assume you have a process you are doing for zero records - if not you'd skip the count records and just add the macro.

add a filter tool where count is greater than 0. use an append data to append the count to the left anchor. add your macro after the append.

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Hi 

Version: 2022.1.1.25127

I do have the AMP engine ticked. I'll try turning it off and see if that helps. Thanks.

PuffinPanic

PuffinPanic
9 - Comet
9 - Comet

Thanks!

Turning the AMP engine off has worked. But, I'll turn the AMP engine back on and try your solution too.

PuffinPanic

Labels