Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Writing New Records to SharePoint List

mayscw10
7 - Meteor

I am trying to populate an existing SharePoint list with new data. I am getting an error related to the SharePoint ID.

If I try to append the data to the list without a field named "ID" I get an error that it is missing or "Error: SharePoint List Output (14): An error occurred while writing record. Record was partially written. Check List in SharePoint."

If I try to append the data with a field named "ID" with null values I get the error that says ""ListItem cannot be added. It is assigned by SharePoint."

How is Data supposed to be structured when loading new records to a SharePoint List? 

1 REPLY 1
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mayscw10 ,

this is actually a little misleading in SharePoint. The problem is that you are missing a field that is required on the list. You can't output the ID field as this is generated by the list itself. However, this only applies when writing NEW records using Append Existing as the output method. 

The question is, what are you trying to do? If you are adding a new record then you can't output the ID field, and you must include all fields that on the list that ARE not auto-generated. If you are updating existing records then you MUST the ID field, as this is the key identifier.

The error is basically saying you are trying to write a new record to the list without the required fields.

I hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

Labels