Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workload Management/Assignment

blessonmatthew
7 - Meteor

Hello All,

Requesting you to help me with the Alteryx Solution.

Data - I have set of work which needs to be worked upon and there are workers available only for limited number of hours. Each type of work requires certain numbers of hours.

Alteryx Solution Request - Need an Alteryx solution which can assign a particular work to a particular worker based on the availability of numbers of hours.

4 REPLIES 4
blessonmatthew
7 - Meteor

Hello @DanielG,

Good day.

Requesting you to spare some time on the above request if possible.

PS: Adding you on this as you have helped me before with doubts

Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @blessonmatthew 

You can use an interactive macro to do this:

workload.png

DanielG
12 - Quasar

@blessonmatthew - hope all is well.  I was off on Friday so am seeing this now.  :)

Ironically enough, I just recently completed challenge 48 which was about fulfilling orders from warehouses.  While not exactly what you are doing (because it had a distance factor to it, etc), the concept of assigning amounts based upon availability is the same.  There are 33 pages of good ideas out there on Challenge 48 plus @Felipe_Ribeir0 's solution above.

If the data is straight-forward you may be able to pull it off with a simple Multi-Row Formula Tool (or two). 

Here is a link to the challenge 48 page for ideas:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-48-Calculating-Distribution-Priority/td-...  

blessonmatthew
7 - Meteor

Thank you @Felipe_Ribeir0  @DanielG This worked out perfectly... Exactly what i was looking for 😊

Labels