Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Working Microsoft Graph API Solution

scsh4
7 - Meteor

Working solution to come.

13 REPLIES 13
jrobiso2
8 - Asteroid

Not angry. Just frustrated and annoyed with Alteryx and its inability to handle so many iterations, I've worked off and on on this issue for a year, and all I can do to resolve it is either a C# program, or compiled Python, to do all the data pulls because THOSE don't seem to burp at all while cycling through "nextLink" values. Even when pulling the entire 800K+ rows of machine data.

If your solution is solid, perhaps Alteryx themselves would be interested in buying the rights to include it as a Tool. Lord knows they need to do something, given how the growth of cloud and "restricted counts per pull" requirements are becoming the norm.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@jrobiso2 I don't use Microsoft Graph APIs (or most Microsoft services) at all so I'm curious - how does the burping occur? Is there a test product and endpoint from Microsoft that you can recommend to experience this?  

jrobiso2
8 - Asteroid

@scsh4 I swear if you solve this, I will be forever in your debt!

jrobiso2
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell you'd need to be using AzureAD or InTune or even MDX (MS Defender for Enterprise) to try it.  There are other cloud sources avalable for testing.  I think OData.org may have some.

What eventually occurs is the the URL you "grab" from the 1st response (which is used in an iterative macro as the next input to the Download tool) will, at some point, fail at the Download Tool with any number of funky "Bad Header" or "Bad URL" error messages. Halts the whole thing in it's tracks.

This particular macro is currently set to require an initial URL, an Authenticated Token input (A input), and has one Master output (m) (macro-unioned output) and an Iterative output (i output), which will contain the next URL to get. Like all Iterative macros, if there is nothing going out the Iterative output, it ends and finally outputs all the data held by all the iterations out of the master (m) output.

[Even if it worked every time, usage like this should be avoided due to the high memory use from holding all that data until the final iteration]

Labels