Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow with multiple email outputs keeps failing

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, hoping someone can help me out with something.  I've got a workflow which is supposed to send 10 emails when it runs.  However, it fails at random email tools causing the workflow to stop running and only some of the emails being sent.  Sometimes it's early in the workflow; sometimes it's near the end...no pattern really.  I tried chaining a bunch of block until done tools to see if it would work (it appears to with a smaller number of outputs) but it bonks out with more than 5 or 6 email outputs.

I'm attaching a workflow using browse tools in place of email output tools.  I've got the SMTP port set at 25, and I've tried removing all the email tools and adding them back in but no luck.  I'm running designer version 2021.4.2.47802 currently.  If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be much obliged.  Thanks, and all the best!

Bren

7 REPLIES 7
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bren312 Are you getting any error messages? is it working with 4 or 5 email tools?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bren312 Can you try the batch macro instead of setting up different email tools?

You need to update the email configuration inside the batch macro

binuacs_0-1686240662717.png

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs; thanks for reaching out.  To answer your questions, I am able to get the workflow to run fairly reliably with 4 or 5 email outputs.

When I add more outputs than that, I get an error of "Error: Failed to send to one or more recipients" (but I still receive whichever emails were able to fire off before the error occurred).  

I tried out your batch macro (changing the email configuration in the macro); testing with the macro sends no emails and gives two errors (Failure to send to one or more recipients and failure when receiving data from the peer).

Do you happen to have anything else I ought to try?  Thanks much for the help; I really appreciate it!

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bren312 This may happen if one of the email addresses is wrong, can you try to run maybe random teams (A,E, J )using 4 or 5 email tools? I will check why the macro is not working

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs Thanks for looking at the macro; I really appreciate it.  I ran the workflow for 5 teams (ADGJF) connected to separate email tools.  There was a 5/10 success rate with no real pattern for the failures.  Teams A and D failed twice and Team G failed once.  Alteryx, why have you forsaken me?!

Bren312
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs , I added a browse until done tool after the summarize tool and the initial output of your macro and that seems to have done the trick.  I tested this modified workflow 40 times and it passed each time.  Thanks so much for the help; you're a lifesaver!

Workflow Pic.png

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Bren312 That is great!! I didn't get time to test the macro, but I am glad the macro is working after you added the Block Until Done tool

Labels