Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow with 2 email tools only sending one email

lobrochta
5 - Atom

I have a workflow with 2 email tools.  All the properties of both email tools are configured correctly.  Each email tool will individually send an email. 

I can run the workflow with the 1st email tool disabled using a container and the 2nd email tool will send an email.   Likewise, I can run the workflow with the 2nd email tool disabled using a container and the 1st email tool will send an email.   

I have also added a block-until-done to control the execution and have the execution path for the 1st email complete and then start the execution path for the 2nd email.  However, only the 1st email is sent.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
oneillp111
9 - Comet

can you upload the workflow and remove the email addresses so we can see the run?

lobrochta
5 - Atom

I included in the original post an image of the full workflow.  I have created a smaller version with the 2 email paths that still only sends one email

oneillp111
9 - Comet

why not combine and use 1 single email output, I think the issue is because of the unconnected flows

EmailStub.png

lobrochta
5 - Atom

Yes, that would work if a single email was the desired output.  However, I need an email for each file.

oneillp111
9 - Comet

This produces an email for each file, each row produces a separate email for the file and email addresses in the row, row 1 sends file 1 to address 1 and row 2 sends file 2 to address2

lobrochta
5 - Atom

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am new to the email tool so I appreciate the direction.

Labels