Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow triggered by API can't access inputs

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I already have a support ticket with Alteryx for this issue, but figured I'd also post here in case somebody has come across this before.

Server: V 2021.4.2.02731

Designer: V 2021.4

I have a workflow("workflow B") that uses a connection to our SQL server as an input.

This workflow runs just fine by itself for all these methods:

• Desktop
  • Gallery(manually run)
  • Gallery Scheduled

Issue when triggering Workflow B via API call embedded in Workflow A:

If I trigger Workflow B via API call from Workflow A I get the following error message from Workflow B:

"Error SQLDriverConnect: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'USWIN\myservername$"

This happens when running workflow A with the API call to Workflow B from Desktop, Gallery(manual run), Gallery scheduled run).

Both workflows(the 1st one that houses the api call trigger and the triggered one) are saved to the gallery with "set workflow credentials" set to my credentials. My credentials obviously work because running Workflow B by all other methods works just fine. It only fails when triggered via API.

I have tried with AMP enabled/disabled. I have tried using regular ODBC and DCM. All combinations result in the same error

I am an admin on the server.

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Can you confrim that you are using your own userid/token in your api call in Workflow A?

csh8428
11 - Bolide

Yep... I've done this several times. The only thing I can think of is that calling a workflow via the API does not/is not passing the credentials I have it saved to "run as".

Labels