Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow produces results on desktop but not when run on the server

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a workflow that runs from the server on my desktop. When running it on the desktop, it produces results. But when I run it on the server there are no results.

10 REPLIES 10
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SJohnson257 

You'll need to provide a lot more information. For starters, were there any warnings when your workflow was saved to the gallery? Does the server have access to all the inputs being used? 

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Luke_C

Definitely expected to need to provide more info, didn't know where to start.

There were no errors when it was saved to the server and this is a modification to a workflow that has been running for a few weeks on the server, so all the data has been accessible.

The modifications I have made is in the interface, which is where I'm thinking the problem must be. I've attached a copy of the workflow.

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

@Luke_C

Also, when I run with the interface, the only inputs that I am providing are the cost center, months and year.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SJohnson257 

I'm unable to run it due to the inputs not being in the package (please do be cognizant of any confidential data before uploading). 

If the same exact inputs work on desktop and not on the server, is there anything in the workflow messages on the gallery that stand-out? You might be able to trace through and see where the records stop processing. 

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @Luke_C,

The only message I am receiving is the workflow ran successfully, but produced no output/ I'll run through the process again as you suggest.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @SJohnson257 

Understood, but when you go to the workflow's page on the gallery you should see a list of all the prior runs. If you expand it, you should see all the workflow messages in detail. Anything out of the ordinary there?

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @SJohnson257 

adding to @Luke_C's point, after you run the workflow, if you click back onto the workflow page, at the bottom there should be a table of recent runs. If you click the little down triangle on the left, you should get a lot more information about the tools in the workflow and what happened when you ran it. This should help a lot in diagnosing :)

OllieClarke_0-1647525861124.png

SJohnson257
8 - Asteroid

Hi @OllieClarke and @Luke_C,

Looking at the workflow information on the server and also the debug mode from the interface on desktop. I may have found an issue in the debug mode, but have just started looking at it. 

Arjunkp
6 - Meteoroid

Any luck on above question raised by Johnson would be appreciated. I have come across the same issue very recently .

Labels