Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Workflow for MIS tab in excel

vshetty7
6 - Meteoroid

So i need help in creating the 'Productive dashboard' tab output in alteryx. I was somehow able to use join tool and create till the first column of output but not able to proceed further for other columns as it has formula which i am not able to recreate in Alteryx. Can someone help me with the workflow showing all the data as reflected in the output iincluding the manual input fields and the table below it as well please. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @vshetty7 ,

I assume you can manually prepare a table to input to Alteryx.

So I created a workflow with two input flows as below. I hope it works.

Workflow

If the table you created has the same [Name] column, you can join with the table you prepared with the existing workflow.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1686997151754.png

Output 1

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1686997241653.png

Output 2

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1686997254372.png

vshetty7
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @Yoshiro_Fujimori 
This helped  me to build  my workflow. But facing two issue.

1.) So i want to format the outputs in tabular form, I added the table tool, i think i also need to add render tool after but getting confused on its configuration. Can you add that and i will see the configuration to use.

2.) Also in my workflow i have 8 output tabs but its not coming in sequence which i want i also added the block until done tool to each but no success, is there an easy way out for that?

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @vshetty7 ,

1. Reporting

Added sample Reporting tools.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1687128152183.png

2. Order of output tabs

If you mean Excel sheets by "tabs", it seems Alteryx outputs the tabs in alphabetic order of the sheet names.(See attachment)

Input data

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1687128814571.png

Output Excel sheets

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1687128888990.png

So if you can add the sequence number to the head of sheet name, you can order output the sheets in the order you want.

Good luck.

vshetty7
6 - Meteoroid

Yes i tried this approach for table. But if you see my attached image i have 8 outputs which i need in separate sheets within one excel file with the naming i added below the output tool. Is it possible to use table tool and render for so many outputs? Its not possible for me to send the workflow as its in a secured system. Also Thank you for helping me.

Labels