Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Workflow Continuation Based on the filter

bogdansheremeta
7 - Meteor

Hello, I have a data set that I'm performing various actions on. Ultimately, my workflow decides whether the Sum is -2. If it is -2 I need it to continue throughout the workflow and analyze data further. If it's not -2 I need it to stop. How would I go about doing that? I was thinking of Union tool to original data but that would not care about the filter. Thank you!

image.png

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

@bogdansheremeta you could use the Append Fields tool to join the sun from your Summarize back onto the original data set. You would plug the output of your Summarize into the bottom anchor and the output of your Formula tool (the one before the Summarize) into the top anchor. This would attach a copy of the sum to your whole dataset so you can then use your filter and carry on if True or drop it if False.

bogdansheremeta
7 - Meteor

Thank you! @DataNath 

Labels