Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

When running workflow / app on server popup tables are not displayed

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, 

I have an app that, when I run it locally as an app, displays (popup excel tables from the table and render tools) tables at the end of a run.  However when I run on the server it does not display the popup tables.  Is there a specific way on the server to be able to let a flow run as an app?

Roche_0-1662983111401.png

Thank you for helping

Rouche

4 REPLIES 4
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Roche, as far as I know the gallery is only configure to support .yxdb and .pcxml outputs for previews upon completion. If you want to see these when your app runs, you might need to create some extra outputs/renders just for this and make sure only these are ticked in your Interface Designer. Your other outputs (Excel and other renders) will still write but just won’t show a preview on completion. Extra info here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/How-to-enable-Output-Preview-in-Workf...

Roche
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @DataNath 

Do you perhaps know if one can set certain columns to output with their original setting, i.e. I have columns that need to output as a decimal with 6 decimal places, but these columns output as integers.  I know I can change it in the excel output settings of the column.

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem @Roche - happy to help!

Have you tried adjusting the data type with a select tool? If you know you need 6 dp then you could perhaps use FixedDecimal depending on the requirement.

DataNath_0-1662990117158.pngDataNath_1-1662990124775.png

Output: 

DataNath_2-1662990164929.png

Roche
8 - Asteroid

In the output the datatypes have already been set beforehand, but the output does not display it like that.  When I pull it in it is either a string or double.  So it looks like it will be a setting that will need to be done after the download.  Hoped that it can be automatic (or set to be).

Labels