Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Weighted Calculation with Multiply Time

Ramartin1
メテオロイド

Hello All,

I am new to Alteryx and I am trying to get the weighted Average handle Time in Alteryx by call handle.

In Excel my Formula is =(Average Handle Time/60*60)*Call Handle 

Example    (00:17:55 / 60 * 60) * 1 = 0.0124421 which is 00:17:55 

(00:14:20 / 60 * 60) * 1 = 0.0190074 which is 00:28:40

I want to take in account the amount calls handle in each row of my data. Not sure what route to take to then get the correct total new average handle time column. 

I attached sample of my data with the results WHAT in column 3 of my excel file. 

4件の返信4
NikyN
コメット

Hello @Ramartin1,

Firstly I believe you will need to get number of seconds/or minutes out the time columns.

(DateTimeHour([Average Handle Time]) * 3600 + DateTimeMinutes([Average Handle Time]) * 60 + DateTimeSeconds([Average Handle Time]))

Then you can do any calculation you do in excel.

Best Luck!

Niky

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Ramartin1 

Can you share the excel with formula. The replication of your formula in Alteryx would be something like the below.

atcodedog05_0-1644952568894.png

Hope this helps : )

Ramartin1
メテオロイド

I didn't use a formula in Alteryx. I placed the results (numbers) of my excel in the weighted Average handle time in excel column within Alteryx to show my actual excel results. 

No sure why the seconds column is not matching the number in excel. What could be the case if I bring that number to excel it adds the am/pm.

Ramartin1
メテオロイド

Sorry here is the example in the excel file.

ラベル