Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Warning message when using SharePoint connector

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

I am running Alteryx 2023.1.1. I have installed the SharePoint connector 2.4.2. In this version of the connector, there is a warning at the bottom that says "You can't run workflows on Server if you connect manually. What does this actually mean? 

server.png

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

connect manually means that you are using sso (or other exernalbrowser/oauth) authentication. That will not transfer to the Server - which does not have access to your particular browser sesion.

In this case - it may also be saying that you need to connect via DCM if you want the credentials to transfer between workflow and server and vice versa.

FreeRangeDingo
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

So as long as I save the connection information in the tool it should work on server? What is DCM?

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

Data Connection Manager. It "should" work on Server. 

If you toggle to browser sign in - and then sign in via oauth it will definitely not work on server - my hunch is that the message only refers to the Oauth message but TBH not 100% sure - Alteryx is very proud of DCM so they would like users to use it cross environment.

Labels