Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Want to get the info whether employee worked on holidays or not

PNC97
8 - Asteroid

I have two data sets one having employee Activity on each days and need to check if employee worked on holiday or not.

Example:

Table 1:- 

Prudhvinath_Chowdary_0-1623005949291.png

Holidays Table:-

Prudhvinath_Chowdary_1-1623005981605.png

Expected output:

Prudhvinath_Chowdary_2-1623006002118.png

Tried using Left outer join but I got only limited output which is not included with null for all the days which are not matched.

Expecting a workflow solution.

Link to download inputs:- https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1A8K67lRi1jmO2kexj8GQGbTQFMaLkgQe?usp=sharing

Thanks in advance!!

3 REPLIES 3
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

It's actually two joins and two unions which you'll need if you want to fill the unmatched entries with null()s... See the attached workflow.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@PNC97 
A bit different approach with @apathetichell  and I have to do a DateTime formating to ensure the data consistency.

0607-Prudhvinath_Chowdary.PNG

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@PNC97- If you are planning on doing any additional date based calculations or you believe that data consistency may be an issue - transforming the dates into Alteryx date format as @Qiu does is key. My workflow is more of an illustration of how to use joins to get the information that you want - I would clarify that @Qiu 's is considerably more scalable.

Labels