Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Vlookup help

SahilArora3139
8 - Asteroid

I have a workflow based on sheet 1 .i have also added one more name for alternative name lookup “Bryne s.”

and i have created the similar workflow for sheet 2 as well.

I am confused to build a logic after this.

In sheet 2 , i want to delimit the column M . And want to join both the sheets and vlookup the application id with name available to be in affected app. Column. 

can someone help me to build the logic for this.

for reference you can add input data yourself for ref. Otherwise it will work.

i tried text to columns also. But after that unable to join the both workflow and do the vlookup.

any other logic that can be done is most welcome.

thank you in advance

in short: 

1) delimit column M

2) join the both sheet to lookup value with the help of affected app.

2 REPLIES 2
aatalai
13 - Pulsar

hi @SahilArora3139 try text to column to delaminate and then use the join tool as a vlook up. Joining at the field on both and selecting only the fields you want

SGolnik
11 - Bolide
11 - Bolide

Use the record ID tool to add a row number, and then the text to columns tool to split to rows so that all of the values are in the same column and easier to do data cleansing (deduplicating using the Unique tool or removing other characters with Data Cleansing) or join to other data. Just keep in mind that this will cause "duplicate rows", but you can easily use that record ID field to group the data back together after joining if need be. The find and replace tool can also be used to join as well. Review the one tool example for it if you need to know how.

Labels