Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Vlookup between two different excel spreadsheet input

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone..

I have two excel files and I'm trying to do a vlookup from one excel to another using Alteryx. Basically to get this automated monthly without human intervention if possible. The data has thousands of rows, this is just a short snipit to provide the logic to the thousand of rows. 

Below is how the spreedsheet looks ( keep in mind it has more columns and rows, this is just a short snip it)

Example::

"Spreadsheet1.xlsx"

UserComputerStatusVlookup Computer Name
BobbyDell123  
NomadHp789  
HenryMacbookbook345  

Now below is spreadsheet2,  we are comparing spreadsheet 1 values to get spreedshet 1 values updated. 

- On spreadsheet2 we will look to see if the "Computer" Column values from spreadsheet 1 is there

- If the "Computer" name are in spreadsheet2 then update column "Vlookup Computer Name" with the Computer name ie "Dell123" and change column status  to "new"

-If "Computer" name is not in speadsheet  2 then update spreadsheet 1 "Vlookup Computer Name" to NA and status to "Closed" on spreadsheet 1

spreadsheet 2.xlsx

Computer
Sonic123
Hp789
MacbookPro981

Final output: Spreadsheet 1 with the following updates( note: make the computer column to match the values from spreadsheet2 not just the computer name):

UserComputerStatusVlookup Computer Name
BobbyDell123closedNA
NomadHp789NewHp780
HenryMacbookbook345closedNA

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@AntlRo , here is a solution to your problem. let me know if it was helpful or if you have any doubts.

grazitti_sapna_0-1676349882101.png

Sapna Gupta
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @AntlRo 

One way of doing this.

ShankerV_0-1676350584436.png

Labels