Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Vlookup between two different excel spreadsheet input

AntlRo
8 - Asteroid

Hello everyone..

I have two excel files and I'm trying to do a vlookup from one excel to another using Alteryx. Basically to get this automated monthly without human intervention if possible. The data has thousands of rows, this is just a short snipit to provide the logic to the thousand of rows. 

Below is how the spreedsheet looks ( keep in mind it has more columns and rows, this is just a short snip it)

Example::

"Spreadsheet1.xlsx"

UserComputerStatusVlookup Computer Name
BobbyDell123  
NomadHp789  
HenryMacbookbook345  

Now below is spreadsheet2,  we are comparing spreadsheet 1 values to get spreedshet 1 values updated. 

- On spreadsheet2 we will look to see if the "Computer" Column values from spreadsheet 1 is there

- If the "Computer" name are in spreadsheet2 then update column "Vlookup Computer Name" with the Computer name ie "Dell123" and change column status  to "new"

-If "Computer" name is not in speadsheet  2 then update spreadsheet 1 "Vlookup Computer Name" to NA and status to "Closed" on spreadsheet 1

spreadsheet 2.xlsx

Computer
Sonic123
Hp789
MacbookPro981

Final output: Spreadsheet 1 with the following updates( note: make the computer column to match the values from spreadsheet2 not just the computer name):

UserComputerStatusVlookup Computer Name
BobbyDell123closedNA
NomadHp789NewHp780
HenryMacbookbook345closedNA

2 REPLIES 2
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@AntlRo , here is a solution to your problem. let me know if it was helpful or if you have any doubts.

grazitti_sapna_0-1676349882101.png

Sapna Gupta
ShankerV
17 - Castor

Hi @AntlRo 

One way of doing this.

ShankerV_0-1676350584436.png

Labels