Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Vlookup Mapping in Excel to Alteryx

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Hi I am very new to Alterxy. I am just testing if it would be efficient to use Alteryx vs. Excel. 

Attached is what I am attempting to do in Alteryx.

Can anyone please advise how to make this work in workflow in Alteryx from input to output? 

I had a simpler version of workflow but for testing purpose, wanted to test with more data. 

Thank you very much for your time and help. 

4 REPLIES 4
oyes704
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Henricus,

Not sure if your first mapping should be used, but from the data transformation I only saw the VLOOKUP. I created reconsoliation for you with your own calculations as well.

Couple things to make sure:

1. Make sure you don't load Net Income/ (Loss) from the initial table - we will calculate that in the end.

2. Your result file duplicates line Realized FX Gain and that throws off your Net balance, which was correct on the first table.

Best,

Oly

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much! Could you please take a look at the attached if the import file format is correct? Apologies, I am very new to Alterxy. 

If I just import the attached and press - run, would this work? 

oyes704
6 - Meteoroid

You can open my file attached and it will open a package including input file, workflow and output. You can change the path to input/output. You can drop new file for conversion and keep the original for the mappings dictionary. I created another example for you.

In the input Data tool I hard coded the start line and the end line for now. Also, when you change data you might adjust the formula for calculations. Otherwise to make the workflow more universal you can cancel flag "Take column names from first row" and then you will work with Column1-Column2-Column3. Great questions - I think with a little play you will figure it out.

Best,

Oly

Henricus
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you so much for your kind explanation!

Labels