Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Vlookup In Alteryx?

JamesKing
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

A little help for an alteryx newbie please! What would be the equivalent of a vlookup in alteryx?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi,

The equivalent of a VLOOKUP would be a join in alteryx. You would need to assign the identifer columns from each table in the configuration pane. In this case my example would be the ID column in both tables.

image.png 

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @JamesKing ,

Only complementing @Jonathan-Sherman answer, you have two ways of joining data, if you want to get the result as a vlookup table, you should use find replace tool and if you want to join 1-n, use the join tool.

fmvizcaino_0-1575055139151.png

Attached is an example showing how to get that done.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

JamesKing
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks to both of you! fmvizcaino it doesn't look as though I could do nested Vlookup functions with the find and replace tool?

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Yes @JamesKing .

That is a way to create a nested vlookup, but you can do that also with the join tool as long as you have an ideal secondary table for your nested vlookup.

Best,

Fernando V. 

Kshitijs
5 - Atom

Can anyone explain in very simple terms the concept of Vlookup in alteryx. Kindly help me know that. It's an urgency

Labels