Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using the Numeric Up Down tool with the Sample tool

atxdata
5 - Atom

Hello!

I am having trouble using the numeric up down tool to set the N sample size in a sample tool. I'd like to use the interface tool for users to select how many records they'd like to output from the full file without adjusting the sample tool itself.

I've attached a very simplified version here of what I'm attempting to do. I'd appreciate any suggestions if anyone has any ideas on how to make this work using an interface tool.

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
TeePee
8 - Asteroid

This is a great question.  And if anybody has any good training videos or articles they'd recommend on Action Tools, I'd really appreciate it too.  Thanks!

DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @atxdata - you actually had this set up perfectly! However, there was nothing in place to show the results to the user. You can see here all I've done is add a Browse tool and then in the Interface Designer (Ctrl+Alt+D), ticked this as what to show upon a successful run of the app. Now when I run the app, I get the number of records I have selected:

DataNath_0-1669302644751.pngDataNath_1-1669302658911.png

DataNath_2-1669302670870.png

Hope this helps! :)

Garabujo7
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hello @atxdata , you were just missing this small piece.

Also, attached you'll find the workflow.

Gabriel

atxdata
5 - Atom

Amazing, thank you so much @datanath !

Labels