Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using "constant" value to set Trade Area radius rather than value or field.

PVousden121
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

If I have a point and want to create a Trade Area around of 3 miles, I know how to do this with a specific value and or from a field.  However, if I have numerous trade area workflows and I want them all to be the same, I should be able to use Alteryx's "workflow constant" ability and link this so that if I want to change them then all I have to do is change the value in the constant in one place.

However, it would not appear that this is an option, so the only work-around that I can think of is to assign the constant value to a calculated field and then use this in the Trade Area as per any other field.

Can this be right?

Peter 

2 REPLIES 2
Felipe_Ribeir0
16 - Nebula

Hi @PVousden121 

One possible workaround is to put these constant values into a table and import this table on each workflow. At least, when you change the value in the table the change will be recognized by each workflow.

The only other way that i know is this: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/assign-a-constant-to-multiple-workflow..., but i prefer the previous one.

PVousden121
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Many thanks for the response and your thoughts.  I like your ideas but still think that it shows that the concept of Constants is partly implemented as what is the point in having them separated out of the code if you then can't use them in your workflows.

Kind regards,

Peter

Labels