Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using SharePoint List Output Tool to add data to a list with People/Group data type

Maithre
5 - Atom

Hi,

I am using an Alteryx 2020 version and I am trying to upload data to SP list (version 2007) which has People/Group data type. 

I currently get the error "0x80020005 - The operation failed because an unexpected error occured". 

I have come to the conclusion that it is happening only because my Alteryx is trying to upload an email ID into the People/Group column (however SharePoint is not accepting this)

Any workaround for this? I really would like to maintain the SP list column as People/Group and not change it to a Single Line Text.

Interestingly, when I use the SP list Input to see how the People/Group data looks inside Alteryx, I get it as : random number;#Name  (eg, 408;#Red,Veena)

SO not able to figure how to get my Mail IDs/Name into a format that is acceptable for SharePoint People/Group Data type.

(The SP column settings are : Require that column contains info: No; Enforce unique values: No;Allow multiple selections: No; Allow Selection of: People Only; Choose from: All Users;) 

Very much appreciate any help on this. Thanks

0 REPLIES 0
Labels