Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Using Linear Regression Tool to predict a Variable and % Error (Predictive Tool Rookie)

AlteryxIan
6 - Meteoroid

I've having trouble getting the Linear Regression tool to output anything meaningful. I'm looking to 1.) predict revenue for a store location and 2.) percentage of error in the prediction

Prior to hitting the Regression tool the workflow:

1. Filters a single value to serve as Holdout data later in workflow

2. Apply Pearson Correlation tool identifying two predictor variables for Linear Regression

I've attached the workflow for review. 

As always, I'm grateful for the knowledge and the time. Thank you in advance!  

2 REPLIES 2
AlteryxIan
6 - Meteoroid

A little more info here. The error message I'm presented with states that field "Fit_Stats" is missing. I'm not sure what this refers to as it's not a field in my data or a configurable option in the Linear Regression step.

AlteryxIan_0-1660307645037.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @AlteryxIan ,

The way you have developed the workflow doesn't look right to me. Your model should receive actual data and not the results of your pearson correlation tool. This is just for you to reach a (more) educated decision of which variables should be used.

Have a look in the sample workflows for the predictive tools or the interactive lessons in the community, I'm sure that will point you towards the right direction.

Labels