Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Using Fuzzy Match with multiple files

Aryan1182114
6 - Meteoroid

Hi

I have two files, file A contains the actual location name and file B contains the location name with but some extra data. For ex.

File 'A' data - "Manhattan"

File 'B' data - "00 - 00 - Manhattan"

File 'B' is recurring in nature and i get it daily and the data cannot be updated at source. Moreover, it may happen that tomorrow i get data in file 'B' as "0 - 0 Manhattan". So i cannot use Find Replace. If i am correct Fuzzy match can only look data in one file.

Is there a way to correct the name in File B using File A.

6 REPLIES 6
ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Aryan1182114 ,

Have a look at this. It will give you an idea.

If you have a datasample, we can test .

Hope it is helpful

Aryan1182114
6 - Meteoroid

@ImadZidan 

Thanks for the solution.

I tried this on my set, it worked for few but not for all.

I have attached below 2 files. File A contains the correct names and File B contains the typical error/ extra characters we may get.

As mentioned earlier that Find replace might not work as i am not sure what type of error/ extra character might pop up next... but it will be similar to what file A has.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Aryan1182114 ,

Thank you for the datasets. It helps a lot

Please have a look at the attached. I hope it looks better.

Any problem, shout back.

Aryan1182114
6 - Meteoroid

@ImadZidan 

Thanks for another quick fix.

This did not work for all, if you check the last two entries "San Francisco and G. New York", it did not provide the desired result.

However, such errors are 20% of the work and can easily be fixed with Find Replace. 80% of the errors are fixed using this solution.

Thanks

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Aryan1182114 ,

I see the issue. I will look at it. We will sort it.

ImadZidan
12 - Quasar

Hello @Aryan1182114 ,

Check this version. Hopefully it gives you better results.

Labels